Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer Beauty Buzz


One of my passions in life (aside from fashion) has always been beauty. I love the cosmetics industry, and my dream as a dorky little girl, was to be a sleek MAC girl at Nordstrom. As an adult, I still find myself behaving like a kid in a candy store when I visit the makeup counters. Being the beauty geek that I am, I decided to compile a few key items that will help you survive the summer heat, while looking great. #1 on my list is Bumble & Bumble's famous Surf Spray. This texturizing hair cocktail will leave your hair with beachy waves, even if you are miles from the sea.  Next up are 2 self tanners. Anyone who knows me will say that I am a self tanner junkie. If you look in my bathroom cabinet you will see a slew of orange and brown bottles, with the purpose of making me a little more bronzed. Out of all the tanners I have tried, these 2 seem to give the best results. Clarins Self Tanning Instant Gel and Jergens Natural Glow Express really do the job. The last thing you need for your summer beauty routine is a great waterproof mascara. Benefit's Bad Gal waterproof mascara is great. The fat brush gets every lash coated, and plumps them up. Now go make all your friends jealous with your fabulous beachy look!

2 comments:

Brenna said...

haha you are like a kid in the candy store! member MAC in paris? did you ever find a liner to match your Barbie Lipstick

TheBeautyFile said...

The B & B Surf Spray is great! It totally works for that beachy messed up do.