Sunday, June 13, 2010

Catching Rays


The other day my boyfriend uttered the words, "No offense, but you look better tan". I didn't take offense, because at the time I was super tan. All year round I feel the need to have some level of color. I am naturally fairly pale, but I look like I need color because I have larger features (people think I am Persian or something but alas, I am just a white girl). I know that tanning beds cause cancer and premature aging, so I stick mostly to faux tanning lotions.

My self tanning quest began years ago when I used the neutrogena tanning lotion. That stuff makes me look super orange but I didn't realize it (I looked a little like Snookie from Jersey Shore). A couple of years later I invested a bit more and bought 'Faux Tan' lotion by Bare Essentials. This stuff was dark as you put it on, and smelled like almonds. It was perfect. Guess what? They discontinued it! *Insert sad face here*
Eventually I came across Xen Tan (which I am convinced has the same formulation as the aforementioned Faux Tan). It makes you super dark and brown (not orange). The key is that it is green based in it's undertone. It creates a natural tan look and smells like almonds or marzipan as well.

So where can you get your hands on Xen Tan? I buy mine from drugstore.com. I think it's a few bucks cheaper than buying from Nordstrom (correct me if I am wrong). Plus, sometimes they throw in free shipping.

Now go forth and be bronzed!

No comments: