Thursday, June 4, 2009

Taking A Cue From: DVF


When I was 3 or 4 years old, I was Minnie Mouse for Halloween. Even years after, I would go into my costume box, and pull out that polka dot hair bow, and prance around the house in it- just for fun. I still love many of the things I liked as a child, and often wish that I could incorporate my childish desires into my wardrobe, without looking foolish (I am only 5 feet tall- and could be confused with an actual small child). Who else, but my sartorial soul mate- Diane von Furstenberg, would make giant hair bows, so sophisticated? Every season, I look to DVF's runway and wish I had every piece in my wardrobe. For the past few seasons, DVF has included some amazing hair pieces to go with the outstanding clothing, and her most recent show is no exception. If you are like me, and don't have the most padding in your wallet, a great DVF bow alternative is this 'Jersey Bow Headband' from Urban Outfitters. This sweet headband is budget friendly, and comes in 3 colors. If 18 bucks is out of your price range, try DIYing a bow with your favorite scarf or a big piece of material. All I know is that I am a very happy girl, knowing that I can sport a giant bow on my head, just like Minnie.

No comments: