Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Beam Me Up, Scotty!


It's a common theory that many people will end up in a relationship with someone much like a parent of theirs. I always swore to myself that this would not be the case. Enter the love of my life: a film student (check) who loves star trek (check) and at times wears the same type of sneakers as my dear old dad. With two men in my life that love the USS Enterprise, right now I can't avoid the subject! I figure, if you can't beat 'em...join 'em! I don't know if I can stomach a Deep Space Nine marathon, but I can certainly enjoy some space worthy shopping. A pair of pants that are definitely deserving of a space age award, are these Bandage Silk leggings from Pixie Market. You can also find a pair with the same effect at American Apparel. Next up is a bodysuit that would look fitting outside of our atmosphere, also from AA. Being the beauty addict that I am, I needed to include Too Faced's Galaxy Glam eye shadow. It looks like a planet, so how could I not? The stellar ring is by Alex and Ani, and can be found on shopbop. As soon as I saw this blue cape from Pixie Market, I knew that it was perfect for this story. It doesn't get much more spacey that that! Oh wait...it does! Last and definitely not least is the silver sequin jacket from Pixie Market. It comes with a detachable zip cap/face flap hood. I think it would be perfect for throwing on before taking a moon walk. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go buy tickets for the afternoon showing of Star Trek.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome!!

Sophia said...

hahaha i totally know that feeling.
furthermore, every day i find myself being more and more like my mom. it freaks me out :o

cute blog :) i added you, hope you don't mind.

Katy said...

that collage is soooo cool! please check out my blog,

chicweekny.blogspot.com